Wednesday 17 June 2009

thrifty business

one


I've just this minute bought these cute cake plates.
I love their shape, what do you call an 8 sided shape?
I also love the green, quite an unusual find in a charity shop.
They were marked up at 99p, but I gave £1.50, sometimes my generosity astounds me!
You know what this means now?
More cakes!



two


I bought this old apron for the vintage fabric not realising it was a full size one, so maybe I'll wear it whilst... making cakes!


three


Another pint sized item that nearly didn't get purchased is this nice ribbed vase (arrangement of sweet williams courtesy of this gardens life). I have a thing for ribbed/textured things, don't get any filthy ideas ladies!


me



I'll leave you with my snapdragon badge and moi!

Ooh heck its raining I'm dashing off to rescue the lounger cushions!

(after thought duh its an octagon!!)

12 comments:

Floss said...

Lovely finds! I too have been having a charity shop extravaganza - I found an online map of the Charity Shops of Edinburgh, where my parents live! I really like your finds, especially the vase, I think...

Lisa said...

Three very nice thrifty buys, those plates are lovely, but look even nicer with a cake (or two) on!
Your chicken looks great on the hat.
Lisa

Diane said...

Hi Claire, You are exactly as I pictured you would look - and I love your hat. The plates are really really beautiful and what a bargain!!

little mouses said...

hi, I stumbled across your blog the other day,and have now joined your following,hope thats ok?
Love your purchases, just makes your day when you find a beautiful bargain,doesn't it??!!

Hen said...

Oooh, lovely plates and very much loving the apron. You did make me laugh with your risque comment!
Hen x

Anonymous said...

your plates are gorgeous... what a great find... nice ribbed textured vase too!

Country Bliss said...

Lovely finds, very pretty plates.
Yvonne x

Funkymonkey said...

Fantastic finds. I'd love those plates.

Tracey

Helen said...

Glad it's not just me who has "BLOND" moments!!

Country Cottage Chic said...

Very pretty plates - you can never have too many!

Jayne

Mary Poppins said...

What beautiful finds, I adore the apron, sooooo pretty :)

Thank you for you lovely comments, was a lovely day though a very stressful build up to it. everything last minute in my house i am afraid.

Love the badge, we went for the heart, and my photograph sent was of Master Poppins wearing his :)

Hugs

X

...Nina Nixon... said...

The plates are gorgeous - lucky you.

Nina x